is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa.
Strategic Jumia Partner – FMCG – Jumia Recruitment 2021
Recruitment is ongoing for the Strategic Jumia Partner – FMCG – Jumia in Lagos, Nigeria, suitably qualified individuals should check for eligibility and proceed to the application portal.
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders.
Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
As Strategic Jumia Partner Manager for FMCG category, you will have the end-to- end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of the assigned category. Your role is to bring in the relevant assortment, design targeted promotions, and manage partners including vendors and brands. Constant interface with the commercial planning, Vendor success & Marketing team.
- Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by owning pricing and promotions strategy, working with marketing teams to improve product content and visibility; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
- Complete Sales performance of the 3c’s Categories, vendors, merchant’s management and monitoring of sales strategies with a view to increasing the Business unit’s Net Margin Position (NMP) & Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV).
- Customer acquisition thru Value Offering, Sales Campaign Management, etc.
- Create and present strategic insights for the Business unit to gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization.
- Analyze & Present post – promotion analysis for retail and Marketplace, quantifying impact to brand and category.
- Define and optimize curation/assortment selection strategy for your category ensuring relevance of selection/styling to optimize revenues and sales velocity.
- Support product and content creation process to increase assortment live.
- Plan and maintain constant stock availability.
- Trend Spotting: Should be able to identify broader trends and fill category gaps
- Build weekly marketing plan, contribute determining which products/subcategories will be promoted on website and through all marketing channels (Newsletters, Facebook, etc.).
- Develop strong analytics to evaluate daily/weekly/monthly performance and optimize further marketing, pricing, and product selection.
- Develop and manage subcategories under Jumia. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation
- Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure best quality and costs.
- Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
Requirements For Strategic Jumia Partner – FMCG – Jumia Recruitment
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University
- 8+ years’ experience in managing key accounts in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods environment.
- Build’s and Presents Joint Business Plans and aligns on a refined version with accounts being managed.
- Understands implications of performance analysis and performance steering levers (e.g., low CR% leads to either better content or better price)
- Has strong clarity on the value proposition of Marketing Value Added services
- Exceptional negotiation. listening and communication skills required. Manages tri-partite conversations between Jumia, brands and their distributors.
- Advanced Excel. Knowledge of other tools i.e. PBI etc is an advantage
- Exceptional team working skills and people management.
- Has already a good network/ portfolio of sellers relevant to the category to onboard on Jumia – Added advantage
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How To Apply For Strategic Jumia Partner – FMCG – Jumia
- Click on the ‘Apply For Job’ button below and follow the link displayed.
- Fill the online application form immediately as no deadline is stated for this recruitment.
To apply for this job please visit africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net.