is a British-Dutch multinational oil and gas company.
Production Work Preparers Vacancy At Shell Oil Company
The position of Production Work Preparers is currently available in Shell oil company at Port Harcourt, Rivers State – Nigeria, interested individuals who possess all the below stated requirements should proceed and apply for the Production Work Preparers position.
Our Shared Service Centre, Shell Nigeria Business Operations (SNBO) is focused on driving operational excellence in process management with roles in Functional Operations activities.
We enable Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria to operate competitively in a dynamic business environment. We are looking for high-performing, experienced and skilled individuals with the drive to create significant business impact.
Please do not apply for more than one of the advertised roles. Kindly apply for only one role that best suits your qualification and experience via www.shell.com/careers or www.shell.com.ng.careers. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all your applications.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Production Work Preparers coordinates the scheduling of the planned workload of each discipline within the SNBO Organization.
He/She will also ensure the timely availability of materials, services, and logistics to close-out planned activities, having work done at the right time by the right people.
The role enables the timely execution of maintenance work by developing a maintenance schedule comprising Corrective Maintenance (CM) and Preventive Maintenance (PM) work that is optimized for efficient resource utilization.
The role will ensure backload of planned work activities are managed at an acceptable level so they are executed before their latest allowable finish date.
The job location for this role applies to Port Harcourt and Lagos.
- Comply and enforce Shell’s lifesaving rules.
- Initiate improvement to scheduling process where required; in according to Shell Asset Management System (AMS) processes
- Receive feedback from stakeholder for improving scheduling
- Facilitate technical discussions and alignment between the different disciplines at the SNBO site.
- Ensure the teams develop quality output meeting all necessary KPIs critical to their workload
- Engage and provide external resources necessary for the day-to-day operations of the SNBO unit.
- Ensure that staff has the right competencies to execute the work.
- Coach on technical topics like Equipment, processes, and tools. Mentor Team Leads on leadership and individual development.
- Inspire and develop the Team Leads, Technical specialists, and staff throughout the team.
- Ensure that the competency framework is kept up to date with developments elsewhere in line with Global SBO
- Manage the training budget for the team(s).
- Inspire and develop the staff throughout the team.
- Create and foster a strong team spirit. Ensure that staff has a pleasant working environment.
Provide steer and direction
- Provide clarity and direction to the team using Goal-Setting & business plans.
- Coach staff and support their individual development plan (IDP).
- Provide the technical steer to staff for assigned workstream(s)
- Enable the usage of supporting technologies /IT tools.
- Encourage the teams to have a clear asset centricity & delivery focus.
- Ensure that the team delivers on time, with required quality control and continuous improvement.
- Perform regular quality checks and actively monitor progress.
- Maintain high staff utilization & productivity.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding activities.
- Ensure that the trained resources are effectively deployed & the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) & deliverables are closely monitored & improved.
- The Production Work Preparers ensures that billing, time-writing, and expense claims are executed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate effectively within SNBO & other teams
- Schedule Routine Maintenance tasks in accordance with Shell Asset Management System (AMS) Perform Maintenance Execution process.
- Generate optimized and fully resources loaded schedule for all Assets
- Ensure all Safety Critical, License to Operate (LTOs), Preventive Maintenance (PM), Corrective Maintenance, etc. Work Orders (WO) are properly scheduled to meeting their respective Latest Allowed Finish Date (LAFD)
- Generate “Ready to Schedule” WO backlog and review with Field Site Managers, Operations & Maintenance Leads and Crew Leads
- Coordinate with Field Site Managers, Operations & Maintenance Leads, Crew Leads, and Asset functions as appropriate on resource availability, ensure resource conflicts are resolved.
- Provide “Ready to Schedule” Work Centre forecast for next rolling 90 days.
- Act as an enabler for Maintenance execution to optimize the utilization of available craft resources.
- Lead and Own Daily Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow Meeting (YTT), and Weekly Scheduling meetings. Also, the Daily Notification Review meeting
- Maintain schedule priorities and integrate with Production to drive the organization to deliver short-term and long-term performance.
- Work Field Site Managers, Operations & Maintenance Leads, and Crew Leads
- where LAFDs need revision to suit the business plan
- Facilitate weekly scheduling meetings and produce the Asset Integrated Schedule weekly.
- Contribute to raising deviations and pursue approval
- Maintain shared ownership of Maintenance Execution Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and act as an enabler to meet or exceed the targets. Maintain a tally of reasons for WOs that did not meet compliance to help investigation and learnings.
- Pursue opportunities where CM &PM jobs on the same equipment or the same production line can be bundled together for schedule optimization, minimize production downtime and maximize resource utilization. (Campaign maintenance).
- Update current week schedule and adjust as necessary.
- Optimize 4- week Preliminary Schedule
- Post daily Schedules in Share Point & update Scheduling tracking sheets
- Review Work Centre Loading profile for the next week (Minimum 100% Loading)
- Update 90-day Rolling PM look-ahead and CM WOs based on “Basic Start Date”.
- Align work scheduling with the equipment maintenance opportunity, train outage, or shutdown.
- Liaise with Integrated Activity Plan (IAP) Planner and adopt restrictions for execution in the schedule (e.g. turnaround periods) Call Preventive Maintenance (PM) work-orders on a fixed interval (e.g. once/quarter) for a fixed look-ahead (e.g. one year)
- Query Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) SAP for Notifications/ work order that require attention (e.g. Check for Work order with SAP status CNF (Confirmed) but not TECO (Technically Completed) and SAP Work orders with Latest Allowed Finish Date (LAFD) or Start date in the past).
- To enable the end-to-end process of material purchasing using Shell Companies in Nigeria Material Management “ways of working” and manage the Requisition-to-Pay (RTP) Process.
- Review Field Status Reporting (FSR) daily and advise the team on potential non-compliances for PM and CM orders.
- To ensure all SIMOPS/SOP (Simultaneous Operation/Standard Operating Procedure) requirements are fulfilled and complied with
- Ensure that activities are executed in line with Shell’s policies; Technical Assist Organization (TAO) and Global SBO set standards including Data privacy/protection, HSSE&SP, Shell Asset Management System processes & others).
- Support timely preparation of terms of reference for proven work including scoping, Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) estimation & Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
The Production Work Preparers will be reporting to the PD SNBO Manager within the SNBO organization. The work to be done will cover a combination of these Assets:
- 2 Oil Export Terminals
- 2 FPSOs
- 15+ Gas Plants (AGG & NAG)
- 35+ Flow stations
Successful candidates will need to climb a steep learning curve and will need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision within a very short period. Virtual working with key stakeholders and partners forms a large part of analyst activity requiring high levels of personal authenticity, discipline, and relationship skills.
- Managing day to operations.
- Managing multiple/conflicting priorities
- Manage multiple asset stakeholder interfaces,
- Manage team inclusively with different cultural differences.
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and upskill for changing business requirements.
Requirements For Production Work Preparers
- University Degree in any relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 to 10 years of work experience in Operations & Maintenance/Production Operations/Engineering jobs in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemicals or any equivalent Industries which includes a minimum of 3 to 5 years in a Work Preparation/Work Scheduler capacity. (HND Degree holders with relevant experience will be considered)
- Sound understanding of the production/operations & maintenance processes.
- Experience in leading teams in a virtual environment
- A track record in building and sustaining a team.
- Experience in working on change & continuous improvement projects.
- Experience with work preparation or maintenance planning & scheduling.
- Experience in SAP PM, as well as strong experience with MS Excel and MS Access is desirable
- Able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge & required skillsets for the role.
- Able to proactively manage stakeholder expectations
- Solid experience in Project management & Team Performance Management.
- Strong communication skills
- The Personnel needs to be a self-starter, taking initiatives and work without close supervision;
- Due to multiple/conflicting priorities, the candidate needs to be strong in prioritization, managing stakeholder expectations, and be resilient under pressure.
- Should be able to guide the team and steer them through the tough/demanding situations and able to contribute hands-on.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having a mature mindset to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
- Passionately invest in coaching to enhance teams’ performance and capability for future roles. Hold honest performance conversations and intervene to address patterns of underperformance.
- Keep the team highly motivated and energized. Take proactive and reactive measures in resolving Ethics & Compliance, ER/IR issues.
How To Apply For Production Work Preparers At Shell Oil Company
- Click on the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Shell recruitment portal.
- Click on the ‘Create Account’ link.
- Create and verify your account.
- Log into your dashboard and complete the Shell online application form.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD NOT APPLY FOR MORE THAN ONE OF THE SIX ADVERTISED FINANCE AND CONTRACTING & PROCUREMENT ROLES IN NIGERIA. SUBMITTING MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION OF ALL THE APPLICANT’S APPLICATIONS.
KINDLY NOTE THAT ALL FIELDS ARE MANDATORY IN THE ONLINE APPLICATIONS FORMS.
The Production Work Preparers application deadline is not stated.
Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the company websites www.shell.com/careers or www.shell.com.ng.careers when available.
Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers or www.shell.com.ng.careers. All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process inside Shell’s recruitment offices.
To learn more about Shell’s recruitment process please visit our website www.shell.com/careers.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit shell.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.