National Agency For The Control Of Aids (NACA)
is a national agency responsible for the management of HIV/AIDS in the country
NACA RSSH Senior Technical Specialist (Lab Systems) Job Vacancy
NACA RSSH Senior Technical Specialist (Lab Systems) Job Recruitment is currently ongoing at the National Agency For The Control Of Aids (NACA) Abuja, Nigeria, Interested candidates are required to possess the listed criteria listed below.
NACA Global Fund RSSH Technical Specialist (Lab Systems) Job Recruitment Details
|Job Title:NACA RSSH Senior Technical Specialist (Lab Systems) Job Vacancy
Duration Of Contract: 33 months
The Senior Technical Specialist (Lab Systems) position is to provide technical leadership of the Global Fund (GF) Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) grant laboratory program in a manner that strengthens integrated delivery of comprehensive HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB or Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C services and infectious disease outbreak response in partnership with the Federal and State governments and other partners and leads to sustainable prevention and control efforts.
- In close collaboration with national and sub-national authorities and stakeholders, lead the implementation of the laboratory program of the Global Fund Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) grant that supports delivery of comprehensive prevention, care and treatment services.
- Assume responsibility for the successful implementation of the laboratory systems strengthening component of the RSSH grant
- Lead grant stakeholder management efforts as it relates to lab services and the applicable stakeholders.
- Support capacity building on new and current testing technologies.
- Lead baseline and follow-on assessment of targeted Global Fund-supported laboratories enrolled into the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program and quality management system
- Work within project strategy and policy guidelines and makes accountable decisions concerning work responsibilities.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership and support to the Laboratory Specialist and related state staff.
- Lead capacity building for the Laboratory Specialist, the corresponding laboratory systems strengthening sub-recipient (SR) staff and the state staff.
- Take programmatic responsibility for the design and functioning of the laboratory M&E system.
- Provide technical and managerial oversight of the Sub-Recipient (SR) and other implementers supporting the laboratory systems strengthening module of the RSSH grant
- Review SR’s quarterly and annual workplans, budgets and activity concept notes ensuring they are of highest quality
- Advocate and champion increased use of laboratories diagnostics by health system in the country
- Coordinate timely relevant technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Represent the project at the national level on matters of laboratory systems and services.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep Project Coordinator informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with management to document and publish best practices.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated project plan in collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- Ensure adequate reporting data is provided to Global Fund and used by project management: coordinate writing of reports and take responsibility for compilation of joint project report to the Global Fund and to national authorities as appropriate.
- MBBS or Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science or related field; Plus Master’s degree in public health, medical laboratory science or related field
- At least ten (10) years post-qualification experience working on laboratory systems of which five (5) years must have been in a senior laboratory management position
- Experience working on a nationwide laboratory system strengthening project is essential.
- Experience working on a Global Fund or donor funded laboratory system strengthening project is essential
- Registration with the appropriate professional regulatory authority in Nigeria, a plus.
- Experience managing, supervising and teaching laboratory staff.
- Experience in designing and implementing Lab system strengthening interventions in HIV, TB & Malaria programs.
- Understanding of global public health issues, systems and stakeholders in Nigeria, and of laboratory system strengthening activities in the context of a health system strengthening effort.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating Lab system strengthening project results and outputs and ensuring timely completion of activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Previous experience in developing training materials and the delivery of training sessions.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
How To Apply For NACA RSSH Senior Technical Specialist (Lab Systems) Job
Follow the ‘Apply For Job’ button and follow the displayed link to apply.
The application deadline is not stated.
To apply for this job please visit naca.gov.ng.