is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands
Lifestyle Reporter Job Vacancy At Pulse Nigeria
There is currently Lifestyle Reporter Job Vacancy At Pulse Nigeria, suitably qualified individuals are hereby invited to apply. Interested individuals must have all the below listed criteria before proceeding to apply for the Lifestyle Reporter Job Vacancy At Pulse Nigeria.
Pulse is looking for a Lifestyle Reporter well connected in the Fashion industry who will be responsible for researching, monitoring, writing and reporting news stories.
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands.
We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal. We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month.
We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
The Lifestyle Reporter is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. The role will report to the Editor in Chief.
Lifestyle Reporter Job Responsibilities
- Collect, verify, fact-check and analyze newsworthy information thoroughly.
- Create and deliver news stories (article, video and/or social posts) with the audience’s perspective in mind.
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips.
- Contact, interview and research sources.
- Maintain notes and audio/video recordings.
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes.
- Cooperate with reporters, video editors, social media managers, chief editor, producers etc.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events by properly monitoring news, attending events and building contacts and sources for use in future stories.
- Attend press conferences, events, and file report in a timely manner.
- Assist and guide the content team with developing story ideas and stories.
- Develop and publish weekly reviews, opinion pieces, reports and story ideas.
- Edit and/or assist in editing and proofreading reporter and senior reporter’s stories.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Experience with content marketing and various content formats such as article, social and video and a proven ability to drive readership.
- Excellent communication and news story-telling skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- A lot of energy, passion and enthusiasm Remuneration Remuneration is competitive.
How To Apply For Lifestyle Reporter Job Vacancy At Pulse Nigeria
The Pulse team is made up of incredible and passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content, also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage their target audiences.
As a team we value creativity and curiosity, which helps us to stay ahead of the curve. Our Pan African team collaborates cross-functionally and values each other’s unique perspectives and opinions – true to our core values of teamwork.
We also value trust as a team – both in how we work with each other transparently and how we deliver reliably for our clients. Our editorial and content team lead with credibility in a world of fake news, which our audience values immensely.
You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job. We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing – we prefer our team to be energized and productive.
As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office – we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at Pulse? You can check out our careers page at www.pulse.africa/careers – here you will see our vision and mission, what some of our team members have to say about why they chose to work at Pulse and some amazing projects we’ve worked on.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred.
If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you – please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.
The application deadline is not stated.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com