National Agency For The Control Of Aids (NACA)
is a national agency responsible for the management of HIV/AIDS in the country
Global Fund RSSH Finance Manager Job Recruitment At NACA
There is currently a vacancy for the position of Global Fund RSSH Finance Manager at the National Agency For The Control Of Aids (NACA) Abuja, Nigeria, all interested individuals are required to have all the below-listed criteria.
Global Fund RSSH Finance Manager Job Recruitment Details
|Job Title: Global Fund RSSH Finance Manager
Duration Of Contract: 33 months
The Finance Manager position is responsible for safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of Global Fund (GF) against fraud, loss, or misuse.
S/he is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NACA’s policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- Understand and articulate the basic tenets of Internal Control and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to other staff members.
- Develop tools to use to train PR and SR staff in proper financial record-keeping procedures and procurement integrity.
- Lead the process of the ongoing improvement of financial systems and internal controls at PR and SR levels.
- Implement standard NACA procedures to manage and monitor the financial resources of the project office. This includes: ensuring that all payments comply with NACA rules and regulations and are supported by adequate documentation
- Ensure accurate entry of transactions in the accounting system assuring detailed memos, proper charge codes, account codes, and job tracking.
- Assure payment of per diem and transport to participants and other expenses paid at field activities is properly managed, documented, and follows project policy.
- Manage travel advances to staff, assuring proper documentation and timely clearing of all advances.
- Create journal entries, assuring all entries are properly coded, charged to the proper account codes and jobs.
- Supervise the management of petty cash, assuring all purchases are properly documented, approved, and comply with petty cash management policy.
- Working in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator to prepare and monitor project budgets and pipeline expenditures.
- Estimate upcoming cash needs and accrue expenditures as appropriate.
- Reconcile bank accounts and prepare field expenses.
- Interpret and approve standard financial reports (Balance Sheet, Income Statement. Cash Flow).
- Interpret weekly and monthly specialized reports for the Project Coordinator and Country Directors
- Establish internal systems for purchase approval and asset use that ensure adequate internal control.
- Ensure that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase orders, and shipping receipts.
- Ensure that all costs have adequate prior authorization and approval.
- Ensure audit compliance utilizing principles of audit and performance.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports.
- Prepare reports for Global Fund or other donor missions or agencies as required.
- Train and supervise a proactive team of staff, providing support and advice as necessary
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Audit
- ICAN or equivalent degree (CA, CPA, ACCA,CISA,CFE) is added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years of accounting or auditing and grants management experience
- Preferably at least 3 years’ experience working with donor-funded projects (preferably Global Fund).
- Effectiveness in training and coaching finance and non-finance staff in internal control policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards are maintained
- Excellent experience in budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Ability to use modern accounting software (SAP preferred)
- Excellent experience of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build a proactive team, motivating staff and work collaboratively with colleagues, and providing support and advice as necessary
- Strong management, supervisory, and capacity building skills, including at least 5 years’ experience in managing teams of professional staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional-level English language skills.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Sound knowledge of the Government of Nigeria structures and policies relevant to the management and oversight of Global Fund programs will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to respond effectively to deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting, and compliance with donor requirements.
- Ability to work with multi-sectoral teams and produce positive results
How To Apply For Global Fund RSSH Finance Manager Job
Follow the ‘Apply For Job’ button and follow the displayed link to apply.
The application deadline is not stated.
To apply for this job please visit naca.gov.ng.