National Agency For The Control Of Aids (NACA)
is a national agency responsible for the management of HIV/AIDS in the country
Global Fund RSSH Accountant Job Recruitment At NACA
There is currently a vacancy for the position of Global Fund RSSH Accountant at the National Agency For The Control Of Aids (NACA) Abuja, Nigeria, all interested individuals are required to have all the below-listed criteria.
Global Fund RSSH Accountant Job Recruitment Details
|Job Title: Global Fund RSSH Accountant
Duration Of Contract: 33 months
The Accountant position is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of NACA and ultimately the Global Fund (GF) or other donors against fraud, loss, or misuse.
S/He is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NACA’s policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Properly code all transactions
- Control and enter all expenses from the petty cash
- Process payments of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare and control advances.
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the NACA account
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher, and entering into SAP
- Maintain accounting files
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control
- Create all financial reports as requested by the supervisor
- Preparation and filing of forms for payments of taxes and social security
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize NACA’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that entries are entered into the financial system accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with NACA policies and procedures.
- Process travel advances to staff, assuring proper documentation and timely clearing of all advances.
- Estimate upcoming cash needs and accrue expenditures as appropriate.
- Create weekly and monthly specialized reports for the Finance Manager to review and submit to the Project Coordinator
- Ensure that all costs have adequate prior authorization and approval.
- Ensure audit compliance utilizing principles of audit and performance.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports.
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration/Audit
- ICAN or equivalent degree (CA, CPA, ACCA,CISA,CFE) is added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years accounting or auditing and grants management experience
- Preferably at least 2 years’ experience working with donor-funded projects.
- Ability to use basic accounting software (SAP)
- Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting, and compliance with donor requirements.
- Sound knowledge of the Government of Nigeria structures and policies relevant to the management and oversight of Global Fund programs will be an advantage.
- Excellent experience in budgeting and budget management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Excellent experience of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision work and as part of a diverse team
- Strong supervisory and capacity building skills, experience in managing professional staff is an advantage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional-level English language skills.
How To Apply For Global Fund RSSH Accountant Job
Follow the ‘Apply For Job’ button and follow the displayed link to apply.
The application deadline is not stated.
To apply for this job please visit naca.gov.ng.