Coca Cola Company
is a multinational company with interests in the manufacturing, retailing, and marketing of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
Creative Strategy Director At Coca Cola Company
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Creative Strategy Director At Coca Cola Company in Lagos.
Job Title: Creative Strategy Director – Coca Cola
Job ID: R-45499
Reports to: Coca Cola Category Senior Director
Location: Africa Flexible – Relocation Available
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- The creative Strategy Director will focus primarily on developing the creative strategy for the respective category.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of high-quality strategy, idea, and concepts (and final execution elements for ‘Hero’ content) of the brand’s plan. The role is responsible for the preparation of the final recommendations presented for decision at each stage of Creative content approval.
- Leading the creative strategy and development cross-marketing sub-functions (including but not limited to Design, Connections, Consumer & Shopper Engagement, Digital, Media)
- Work with counterparts in other OUs to help develop and execute a cohesive brand/category Creative Strategy
- The Creative Strategist is the Leader of the full Category Content team and is responsible for thought leadership and capability building across the OU Category team in all aspects of Content development.
- Authoring and aligning key stakeholders to IMX briefs; leading agency briefings and identifying innovative ways to measure the effectiveness of brand campaigns.
- Building the storytelling of the brand, ensuring consistency and strategic continuity through various forms of content amplified at multiple connection points
- Translating and amplifying the Global Core Creative Ideas for Global and regional (where not lead OU) brands into contemporary communications, that mobilize the KO system, positions the brand for future growth, and excite consumers to build Brand Love ( i.e. Equity) and Brand Value (Transactions, Weekly+ Consumers, Baskets etc)
- Develop exciting/powerful Core Creative Ideas for Regional Brands (as Lead OU) and local brands, anchored on consumer insight
- Ensuring that all expressions of the brand are consistent with the Brand Essence and Architecture
- Relentlessly challenging for more innovative brand experiences
- Working with the respective OU Brand Team/s to develop a vision and growth strategy for the respective brand/platform; expected to provide input on investment recommendations
- Working with counterparts in other OUs to help develop and execute cohesive brand/category Creative Strategy
- Working with OU Human Insights Team to define the killer insights that lead to the most powerful Creative Strategies
- Bachelors degree.
- Location is flexible within Africa OU
- Relocation Offered
Related Work Experience:
- +10 years of marketing and leadership experience, including leading teams (5+ people)
- Experience working in cross-functional and cross-geographical teams is preferred
- Proven ability to communicate both verbally and in written form in a way that engages and inspires key internal and external stakeholders including agency partners.
- Good understanding of consumer, cultural trends, current and future business needs
- Ability to lead overall IMX / Communication strategies.
- Ability to collaborate and create a ‘network’ across disciplines to open new, innovative spaces for brand growth based on consumer insights, cultural trends, and current and future business needs.
- Excellent people leadership skills, particularly the ability to coach and develop others and create a cohesive, focused team
- Ability to manage complex timelines and manage/influence multiple stakeholders
- Ability to manage DME resources for maximum efficiencies and return on investment
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines to open new, innovative spaces for brand growth based on consumer insights, cultural trends, and current and future business needs. Ability to define overall IMX strategies.
- The role will require frequent communication with OU Category Lead; OU IMX Lead; OU IMX Sub-function Leads; Global, Other OU Category, and OU Other Category Creative Strategists.
- OU Category Creative Strategy Lead must be comfortable communicating innovative approaches to communications strategy and building buy-in across key internal and external stakeholders.
MASTERY OF (REQUIRED)
- COMMUNICATIONS /
- CREATIVE STRATEGY
- HUMAN INSIGHTS
- BRAND ESSENCE & ARCHITECTURE CAMPAIGN DEVELOPMENT & AMPLIFICATION
- AGILE WAYS OF WORKING
BROAD EXPERTISE IN (GOOD TO HAVE)
- BRAND (GROWTH) STRATEGY
- RESOURCE ALLOCATION
- MEDIA RELATIONSHIPS
- DIGITAL / E-COMMERCE GROWTH STRATEGIC BUSINESS ANALYTICS
What We Can Do For You
You will be part of the Africa team where teams are the new heroes, and our leaders are inclusive orchestrators. Together, in pursuit of our Company Vision to craft LOVED BRANDS, done SUSTAINABLY, FOR A BETTER SHARED FUTURE, we will:
- Make our CULTURE Code inevitable
- Build winning CAPABILITIES
- Change the DNA of our organization to becoming ADAPTABLE
We are doing our best to create a seamless candidate experience for you as you apply for roles within the company. Due to the high volume of vacant positions, the recruitment process may take longer than usual and there may be a longer delay between application and interview. We appreciate your patience.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference.
We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible, and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive, and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve.
We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
How To Apply For Creative Strategy Director At Coca Cola Company
Follow the link on the ‘Apply For Job’ button and complete the online application form.
The application deadline is unannounced.
To apply for this job please visit www.applytracking.com.