National Agency For The Control Of Aids (NACA)
is a national agency responsible for the management of HIV/AIDS in the country
The position of Communications and Protocol Officer is currently available at the National Agency For The Control Of Aids (NACA) in Abuja, Nigeria, Interested candidates should check the requirements listed below before proceeding to the application process.
Communications and Protocol Officer Job Details
|Job Title: Communications and Protocol Officer
Duration Of Contract: 33 months
The Communications and Protocol Officer position is responsible for supporting the Admin Manager in creating, implementing, and managing communication strategies and activities that contribute to program success and position NACA for future growth.
S/he will engage with key stakeholders including federal and state-level government agencies; donor partners; and local implementing partners, on issues related to communication and collaborative learning and action.
- Define Grant-focused communication, documentation, and dissemination strategies for the RSSH grants in collaboration with Project Management Unit (PMU) and NACA leadership.
- Support the production of content to meet communications and positioning objectives, coordinating closely with the other members of the PMU.
- Liaise with Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), Sub-Recipients (SR), Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM), State Ministry of Health (SMOH), donor and key stakeholders on communication activities and efforts, ensuring compliance with donor expectations, branding, and marking policies, and reporting requirements.
- Support preparation and dissemination of regular bulletins and newsletters on Resilient and Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) investments/plans and progress made.
- Support the development of organizational culture and brand that promotes accountability and high performance.
- Support technical teams.
- Produce and maintain records of meeting minutes, agendas, and notes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Admin Manager or Project Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, medical sciences, public health, or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing communications products and programs, experience working with donor-funded projects an advantage
- Web-based applications and social media communication experience a bonus
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional-level English language skills.
- Understanding of strategic communications, including leading development and implementation of strategic communications plans.
- Strong knowledge of global public health issues including HIV, Malaria, and Tuberculosis.
- Strong familiarity with emerging communications trends, social media, multi-media, and multi-platform storytelling, and web content creation and management; photography and basic design/layout skills a plus.
- Strong editorial skills, including the ability to accurately proofread and review documents for language, layout, and formatting consistency.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Competencies to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to successfully participate on teams in a fast-paced environment
How To Apply For Communications and Protocol Officer
Follow the ‘Apply For Job’ button and follow the displayed link to apply.
The application deadline is not stated.